By Patrick Pierce
Week two of the NFL season is in the books.
More than 80 players in the NFL have a connection to the state ofAlabama. Here are some of the standouts from week two of the NFL season.
- Mark Ingram, Saints: Rushed for 53 yards and one touchdown vs. Panthers.
- Julio Jones, Falcons: Playing on Monday Night Football vs Broncos
- DeMeco Ryans: 7 tackles 6 of them solo and on sack vs Ravens.
- Dont’a Hightower, Patriots: 5 tackles 3 of them solo vs Cardinals
- Courtney Upshaw, Ravens: 6 tackles 5 of them solo vs. Eagles.
- Trent Richardson, Browns: Rushed for his first hundred yard game with 109 yards on 19 carries with one rushing touchdown and one receiving touchdown vs Bengals.
- Mark Barron, Bucs: 10 tackles 6 of them solo vs. Giants
- Karlos Dansby, Dolphins: 8 tackles 7 of them solo vs. Raiders
- Cam Newton, Panthers: Completed %70 of his passes for 253 yards with 1 touchdown vs. Saints.
- Jerraud Powers, Colts: 9 tackles 7 of them solo vs. Vikings.
- Ben Tate, Texans: 74 yards on 12 carries with 2 touchdowns. vs Jaguars.
- Roddy White, Falcons: Playing on Monday Night Football vs Broncos.
Other Alabama Connections:
- Robert Mathis (Alabama A&M), Colts: 7 tackles 3 of them solo and 1 sack vs Vikings.
- Corland Finnegan (Samford), Rams: 5 solo tackles plus an interception vs. Redskins.
- DeMarcus Ware (Troy), Cowboys: 8 tackles 2 of them solo vs Seahawks
- Philip Rivers (Athens High), Chargers: Completed %75 of his passes for 284 yards with 3 touchdowns and 1 interception vs. Titans.
- Justin Tuck (Central Coosa High), Giants: 3 solo tackles vs Bucs.
AlabamaTonight Sports Blogger – Patrick Pierce @Patrickp13