By Patrick Pierce
Week three of the NFL season is in the books.
More than 80 players in the NFL have a connection to the state of Alabama. Here are some of the standouts from week three of the NFL season.
- Javier Arenas, Chiefs: 2 solo tackles vs. Saints.
- Roman Harper, Saints: 11 tackles 8 of them solo vs. Chiefs.
- Julio Jones, Falcons: caught 5 passes for 67 yards for 1 touchdown vs. Chargers.
- DeMeco Ryans: 6 solo tackles vs. Cardinals.
- Dont’a Hightower, Patriots: 5 solo tackles vs. Ravens.
- Courtney Upshaw, Ravens: 4 tackles 3 of them solo vs. Patriots.
- Trent Richardson, Browns: 51 all purpose yards and one touchdown vs. Bills.
- Mark Barron, Bucs: 6 solo tackles vs. Cowboys.
- Karlos Dansby, Dolphins: 8 tackles 7 of them solo vs. Jets.
- Sen’Derrick Marks, Titans: 6 tackles 4 of them solo vs. Lions.
- Cam Newton, Panthers: Completed %53.3 of his passes for 242 yards with 3 interceptions vs. Giants.
- Takeo Spikes, Chargers: 13 tackles 11 solo vs. Falcons.
- Roddy White, Falcons: caught 5 passes for 55 yards vs. Chargers.
Other Alabama Connections:
- Robert Mathis (Alabama A&M), Colts: 3 Tackles a sack and forced a fumble vs Jags.
- Michael Cole (Alabama State), Giants: 7 tackles 5 of them solo vs. Panthers.
- Corland Finnegan (Samford), Rams: 3 tackles plus an interception vs. Da Bears.
- DeMarcus Ware (Troy), Cowboys: 5 tackles including 2 sacks and 2 forced fumbles vs Bucs.
- Justin Tuck (Central Coosa High), Giants: 3 tackles 2 of them solo vs Panthers.
Alabama Tonight Sports Blogger – Patrick Pierce @Patrickp13