By Patrick Pierce
Alabama in the NFL
Week four star players:
- Roddy White
- Cam Newton
- Kerry Rhodes
- Trent Richardson
More than 80 players in the NFL have a connection to the state of Alabama. Here are some of the standouts from week four of the NFL season.
- Antoine Caldwell, Texans: The starting center has been a key player in the Texans 4-0 start.
- Roman Harper, Saints: 9 solo tackles vs. Packers.
- Marcell Dareus, Bills: 3 tackles including a sack vs. Patriots.
- Courtney Upshaw, Ravens: 3 tackles 1 of them solo vs. Browns.
- Trent Richardson, Browns: 107 all purpose yards and one touchdown vs. Ravens.
- Mark Barron, Bucs: 8 tackles 7 of them solo vs. Redskins.
- Rolando McClain, Raiders: 8 tackles 6 of the solo vs. Broncos
- Karlos Dansby, Dolphins: 7 tackles 4 of them solo including a sack vs. Cardinals.
- Cam Newton, Panthers: Completed %62.5 of his passes for 215 yards with 2 touchdowns plus 86 rushing yards vs. Falcons.
- Carlos Rogers, 49ers: 3 tackles 2 of the solo vs. Jets
- Takeo Spikes, Chargers: 2 solo tackles and a forced fumble vs. Cheifs.
- Roddy White, Falcons: caught 8 passes for 169 yards and 2 touchdowns vs. Panthers.
Other Alabama Connections:
- Corland Finnegan (Samford), Rams: 8 solo tackles vs. Seahawks.
- DeMarcus Ware (Troy), Cowboys: Playing in Monday Night Football.
- Osi Umenyiora (Troy), Giants: 4 solo tackles and a sack vs. Eagles.
- Justin Tuck (Central Coosa High), Giants: 4 tackles 2 of them solo vs Eagles.
- Phillip Rivers (Athens High), Chargers: Completed %78.3 of his passes for 209 yards with 2 touchdowns and 1 interception.
- Kerry Rhodes (Jess Lanier High), Cardinals: 5 solo tackles and an interception vs. Dolphins.
AlabamaTonight Sports Blogger – Patrick Pierce @Patrickp13