By Patrick Pierce
Week five star players:
- Trent Richardson
- Jerraud Powers
- Corland Finnegan
- Phillip Rivers
More than 80 players in the NFL have a connection to the state of Alabama. Here are some of the standouts from week five of the NFL season.
- Kareem Jackson, Texans: Had the game sealing interception vs. Jets
- Roman Harper, Saints: Six tackles, five of them solo, and one interception vs. Chargers.
- Trent Richardson, Browns: 128 all-purpose yards and one touchdown vs. Giants
- Julio Jones, Falcons: reeled in 10 receptions for 94 yards and one touchdown vs. Redskins.
- DeMeco Ryans, Eagles: 12 tackles, six of them solo, vs. Steelers.
- Karlos Dansby, Dolphins: Five solo tackles vs. Bengals.
- Cam Newton, Panthers: Completed 41.4 percent of his passes for 141 yards, plus 42 rushing yards vs. Seahawks.
- Carlos Rogers, 49ers: Three tackles, two of them solo, vs. Bills.
- Takeo Spikes, Chargers: Three solo tackles vs. Saints.
- Jerraud Powers, Colts: Four solo tackles and an interception vs. Packers.
- Roddy White, Falcons: caught four passes for 68 yards vs. Redskins.
Other Alabama Connections:
- Corland Finnegan (Samford), Rams: 10 tackles, five of them solo, and one sack vs. Cardinals
- DeMarcus Ware (Troy), Cowboys: Three solo tackles with one sack vs. Ravens
- Osi Umenyiora (Troy), Giants: Four tackles, one of them solo, vs. Browns
- Justin Tuck (Central Coosa High), Giants: Six tackles, three of them solo, vs. Browns.
- Phillip Rivers (Athens High), Chargers: Completed 64.3 percent of his passes for 354 yards with two touchdowns and one interception vs Saints.
- Kerry Rhodes (Jess Lanier High), Cardinals: Three tackles, two of them solo, vs. Rams.
AlabamaTonight Sports Blogger – Patrick Pierce @Patrickp13