By Patrick Pierce
Week 13 star players:
- Greg McElroy
- Cam Newton
- Kerry Rhodes
More than 80 players in the NFL have a connection to the state of Alabama. Here are some of the standouts from week 13 of the NFL season.
- Greg McElroy, Jets: 5 for 7 for 29 and a touchdown versus Cardinals
- Roman Harper, Saints: 5 tackles all of them solo versus Falcons.
- Mark Ingram, Saints: 13 yards with 1 touchdown versus Falcons.
- Trent Richardson, Browns: 72 rushing yards on 20 carries with 1 touchdown versus Raiders.
- Julio Jones, Falcons: 48 yards on 5 receptions.
- Courtney Upshaw, Ravens: 5 solo tackles versus Steelers.
- Brandon Deaderick, Pats: 3 tackels and a forced fumble versus Dauphins
- Cam Newton, Panthers: Completed %55.6 of his passes for 232 yards with 3 touchdowns versus Chiefs.
- Karlos Dansby, Dauphins: 10 tackles 9 of the solo versus Pats.
- Sen’Derrick Marks, Titans: 5 solo tackles versus Texans.
- Carlos Rogers, 49ers: 7 solo tackles versus Rams.
- DeMarcus Ware (Troy), Cowboys: 3 tackles 1 of them solo versus Eagles.
- Kerry Rhodes (Jess Lanier High), Cardinals: 6 solo tackles a forced fumble and 2 interceptions versus Jets.
- Phillip Rivers (Athens High), Chargers: Completed %54.2 for 280 yards 1 interception versus Bengals.
- Cortland Finnegan (Samford), Rams: 4 tackles 3 of them solo versus 49res.
Alabama Tonight Sports Blogger – Patrick Pierce @Patrickp13