BIRMINGHAM, AL -
Chef Mary Grace Howard shares her incredible recipe for Quiche Lorraine which includes Gruyere cheese, heavy cream and Applewood Smoked bacon, of course! Chef Howard is the head chef and recipe developer for all Village Tavern restaurants around the world and a favorite chef of viewers on Daytime Alabama. Village Tavern is located at The Summit in Birmingham, Alabama. Visit http://www.villagetavern.com/ for more information.
Makes 2 Pies
- 2 Pie Shells, 9"
- 1 ½ Cups Bacon, diced ¼"
- 1 ½ Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 ½ Cups Milk
- 6 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper, ground
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg, ground
- ½ pound Gruyere Cheese, shredded
- BLIND BAKE PIE SHELLS: Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Poke raw pie shells with a fork around the bottom 8 times and the sides 8 times. Bake raw pie shells for 10 minutes. Lower oven to 250 F.
- Combine heavy cream, milk and eggs in a mixing bowl. Add Kosher Salt, black pepper and nutmeg, mix well to combine.
- Cover the bottom of each pie shell with ¾ cup of bacon and 1 C or 4 oz. WT. shredded Gruyere cheese.
- Pour 2 ¼ C of egg mixture into each pie shell gradually, stirring it gently with the back of a fork to distribute the filling ingredients evenly.
- Place quiche on sheet tray and bake for 1 hour and test with a knife blade inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Each quiche is sliced into 4 portions. Serve it with fresh fruit if desired.