MOUNTAIN BROOK, AL -
This recipe is great if you are pressed for time. www.mywifemakesgoodfood.com
ORIGINAL RED CHICKEN WITH NECATARINE (or mango) SALSA
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1-2 tablespoons of DAK's ORIGINAL RED
- 2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups of diced nectarines (use mangos or peaches if nectarines are not available)
- ½ diced red pepper
- ¼ cup of diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons of cilantro chopped
- 1 small jalapeno diced (optional)
- 1 ripe avocado (optional)
- 1 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons of DAK's ORIGINAL RED, depending on how much spice you like
- Whisk together the ingredients for the marinade in shallow dish. Add the chicken and marinate at least 15 minutes, however, the longer the better.
- While the chicken is marinating, prepare the salsa. Combine nectarines, red pepper, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno in a bowl. Stir until mixed. Add the lime juice, olive oil, and ORIGINAL RED. Stir well. Put in the refrigerator.
- Cook the chicken. We prefer the outdoor grill, but the chicken can also be cooked on a grill pan on the stove, a skillet, or in the broiler in the oven. Length of time will vary by thickness. Make sure the chicken is cooked to 165 degrees. When the chicken is done, remove from heat and let it rest.
- In the meantime, peel and dice the avocado. Add the avocado to the salsa and gently stir. Stirring too much will make the avocado mushy.
- Place each piece of chicken on individual plates and top with salsa.
This salsa also goes well with grilled fish, pork, and shrimp
You can also serve this dish with a side of couscous or rice.