Learn how to make this delicious dessert.
Double Chocolate Baklava
- 1 (1 Pound) Box Phyllo Dough, Thawed According To Package Directions
- 1 Cup Clarified Butter
- ½ Pound Milk Chocolate (chips Or Small Pieces
- ½ Pound Dark Chocolate (60% Or Higher)
- 1/8 Cup Confectioners' Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Butter a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- To assemble the baklava, remove phyllo dough from package. Trim it with a sharp knife to fit the pan you are using. Wrap excess dough in plastic wrap in the refrigerator. Cover bottom of baking pan with 1 sheet of phyllo dough. Brush clarified butter evenly over the top. Stack another sheet over the top. Brush with more clarified butter. Continue stacking and brushing with butter until half of the phyllo dough is used.
- Sprinkle milk and dark chocolate evenly across the top. Continue layering remaining phyllo dough and brushing with clarified butter. Brush top layer with clarified butter. Position the pan as if it were a rectangle. With a long, sharp knife, cut phyllo into 6 strips vertical strips across the wide side of the pan (three-quarters of the way down).
- Cut 4 equally spaced vertical lines over the strips (three quarters of the way down) to create 24 squares. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes total, or until golden. Rotate pan every 20 minutes to ensure even browning. Remove pan from oven and cool to room temperature. Top with confectioners' sugar before serving.