Chef Amy Riolo makes Turkish coffee with cardamom.
Turkish Coffee With Cardamom
- 2 Espresso Size Cups Of Cold Water
- 1 Green Cardamom Pod, Crushed
- 2 Teaspoons Turkish Coffee
- 1-3 Teaspoons Sugar, If Desired
- Bring water, cardamom seeds, sugar and coffee to a boil in an Arabic coffee pot. Remove coffee pot from the heat so that it does not boil over.
- Remove the foam from the top of the coffee with a teaspoon and place in the bottom of each espresso cup. Let stand for 1 minute.
- Place back on the flame. Allow to boil a second time, without stirring. Let rest.
- Place back on the flame. Allow to boil a third and final time, without stirring. Let rest.
- Distribute coffee into coffee cups.