MOUNTAIN BROOK, AL -
Former owner of Anthony's and Asiago now spearheads Vino in English Village. Learn how to make the restaurant's signature Spiced Shrimp. www.vinobirmingham.com
Vino, English Village
- 1 part ground cayenne
- 2 parts chili powder
- 3 parts garlic powder
- Desired amount unpeeled medium to large shrimp
- olive oil for searing
- fresh lemon wedges
- Firmly holding shrimp in one hand, slit the back of each shrimp
- Under cold running water complete deveining, but do not remove the shell. Pat the shrimp dry.
- With a dry hand spread open the shell and sprinkle a generous amount of the shrimp spice and close the shell back up
- With the olive oil in the pan over medium high heat sear the shrimp for approximately 1 minute, flip the shrimp and sear for about thirty seconds on the second side then toss the shrimp around for 30 more seconds as they open up like a butterfly.
- Squeeze with fresh lemon and enjoy.