IRONDALE, AL -
No Jell-O here. Get the authentic recipe for Irondale Café's most popular dessert. www.irondalecafe.com
Irondale Café's Small Batch Banana Pudding
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup flour (we use white lily self rising)
- 2 cups milk (we use whole milk)
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- Pinch of salt
- 6 eggs
- Add ingredients and mix well in a double broiler; whip until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and add 1 1/3 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Allow to cool. Makes 2 quarts.
- Layer with custard, bananas, and Bud's Best vanilla wafers. End with layer of wafers on top. Left over custard can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.