CAHABA HEIGHTS, AL -
Learn how to make classic cornbread from the meat and threes pros. www.irondalecafe.com
Irondale Cafe Cornbread Recipe
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 ½ teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 ½ teaspoons melted butter
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 ½ cups fat free cultured buttermilk
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 ½ cups self- rising white cornmeal
- 1 ½ cups self- rising White Lily flour
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Let batter rest under refrigeration for 1-2 hours.
- Pour batter into a well buttered 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degree in convection oven for 17 to 20 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.
- Brush top liberally with melted butter.
- Can also bake in a pre-heated, cast iron skillet for a dark and crunchy bottom crust.