Additional $372 million in ATRIP funding announced for Alabama c - Alabamas13.com WVTM-TV Birmingham, AL

Additional $372 million in ATRIP funding announced for Alabama counties

Posted: Updated:
MONTGOMERY, AL -

Roads and bridges across Alabama can expect to see more renovations as $372 million in funding was announced across 45 counties today.

The Alabama Transportation Rehabilitation and Improvement Program had already approved 693 road and bridge improvement projects across the state. Today's additional funding announcement will increase that number by funding additional projects in 45 counties.

"ATRIP is making a difference in every county across the state by allowing much-needed road and bridge improvement projects to move forward," said Gov. Robert Bentley.  "As we make these improvements, we're improving public safety, and we're also helping attract more jobs.  When companies look for places to build and expand and hire more people, they look for places that have good roads and bridges.  Our roads and bridges will be much safer thanks to this program, and our communities will be in a better position to recruit more jobs."

ATRIP funding comes from the use of GARVEE bonds, which allow the state to use future federal dollars to pay for the projects needed now, without raising taxes. GARVEE bonds fund about 80 percent of the ATRIP project, with the other 20 percent coming from local government or local public-private partnerships.

ATRIP Phase 3 Funding By County:

  • Autauga - $6,204,000.00
  • Baldwin - $12,929,318.84
  • Barbour - $7,907,135.50
  • Blount - $5,649,824.14
  • Butler - $4,498,293.22
  • Calhoun - $5,099,247.59
  • Chambers - $2,375,665.16
  • Cherokee - $3,705,326.48
  • Choctaw - $5,669,824.00
  • Clarke - $7,033,393.00
  • Coffee - $1,843,312.70
  • Colbert - $1,817,365.70
  • Conecuh - $6,369,162.00
  • Cullman - $6,037,072.64
  • Dallas - $7,518,330.46
  • DeKalb - $6,715,924.66
  • Elmore - $4,058,788.58
  • Escambia - $5,057,639.50
  • Etowah - $12,933,984.87
  • Franklin - $8,548,464.69
  • Greene - $6,395,426.00
  • Houston - $3,832,751.14
  • Jackson - $5,926,789.10
  • Jefferson - $23,426,518.61
  • Lamar - $2,643,899.17
  • Lauderdale - $9,529,022.23
  • Lee - $15,611,806.74
  • Limestone - $9,328,000.00
  • Macon - $235,200.00
  • Madison - $50,000,000.00
  • Marshall - $6,603,800.00
  • Mobile - $22,141,160.92
  • Monroe - $6,265,323.95
  • Montgomery - $5,496,380.00
  • Morgan - $6,790,792.00
  • Pike - $2,135,045.14
  • Russell - $1,192,048.69
  • Shelby - $23,956,766.75
  • St. Clair - $7,822,293.14
  • Sumter - $10,000,000.00
  • Talladega - $283,735.60
  • Tallapoosa - $7,136,936.74
  • Tuscaloosa - $17,110,376.17
  • Walker - $5,141,003.18
  • Washington - $1,782,372.96
Powered by WorldNow

1732 Valley View Dr.
Birmingham, AL 35209

Telephone: 205.933.1313
Fax: 205.323.3314
Email: newstips@alabamas13.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.