BIRMINGHAM, AL -
Chef Mary Grace Howard shares her recipe for Grouper Hemingway including the trick to making the perfect butter sauce.
- 2 Tablespoons Light Olive Oil
- 7 oz. wt. Grouper, filet
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- ½ Cup White Wine
- 1 Tablespoon Capers
- ¼ Cup Tomatoes, diced ½ inch
- 1 Stick Butter, unsalted, cubed 1 inch
- ½ Each Lemon
- 8 oz. wt. Angel Hair Pasta, pre-cooked just before cooking the fish
- 1 Tablespoon Parmesan, shredded
- ¼ teaspoon Parsley, fresh, chopped
- Pre-heat sauté pan with oil. Season Grouper with Kosher salt and ground black pepper. Carefully place filet on the sauté pan.
- Sear for 1 minute. Flip the fish and continue to cook until medium-well.
- Remove fish from pan and keep warm. Add white wine, capers and tomatoes, reduce white wine by half.
- Add butter and squeeze ½ lemon to sauté pan and mix until melted.
- Place pre-cooked angel hair pasta in the center of a serving bowl. Place seared fish on top of the pasta. Pour sauce over fish and pasta.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and freshly chopped parsley.