Chef Mary Grace Howard shares her recipe for this tasty item on the menu at the Village Tavern located at the lower level of The Summit. www.villagetavern.com
1. Heat oil in a stock pot for frying.
2. Bread chicken tender pieces starting with the flour, then milk, then corn flakes breading, coat it evenly and shake off excess breading. Repeat for the 3 chicken tender pieces.
3. Once the oil is hot, drop chicken tender pieces and cook for 2 to 2 ½ minutes, or until done. Drain on a plate lined with paper towel.
4. Toast flour tortilla on both sides on a hot pan, until warm.
5. Place ½ cup of the drained mango-jalapeno slaw at the center of each flour tortilla from 12:00 to 6:00. Place TWO pieces of crispy chicken tenders on top of the slaw on each tortilla.
6. Drizzle of chipotle aioli on top of the crispy chicken tenders.
7. Garnish with 1 teaspoon of scallions on top of the crispy chicken tenders.
8. Place the 2 tacos side by side and stick a 7" bamboo skewer through the middle of the tacos to keep it together. Stick a fresh lime at the end of the bamboo skewer.
Corn Flakes Breading
1. To make the breading, put almonds, sesame seeds, cornflakes, sugar, chili flakes and Kosher Salt into a food processor and pulse lightly, until combined and coarsely chopped.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and milk.
1. In a small sauce pot, combine mangos, sugar, vinegar, garlic, onions and jalapeno and simmer for 8 minutes. Immediately cool down.
2. In a mixing bowl, combined lime juice, cilantro, mayonnaise, garlic, Kosher salt and black pepper. Whisk until well combined.
3. Add cooled down mango mixture and mix well.
1. In a small mixing bowl, place Asian slaw mix and the mango-jalapeno dressing.
2. Mix until well-combined