Week one is in the books! No team really stood out, but there is a little shake up in my top 25. Ohio State fell back to 4th, while Clemson moved up after their win over Georgia. LSU jumped into my top 10 after their win in the Cowboy Classic. Alabama remains atop my poll, but the Tide didn't look all that dominate in week one.
1. Alabama – The Tide scored on offense, defense, and special teams, but failed to really look dominate. Bama will need to use the off week to shore up the offensive line that struggled to get much of a push.
2. Stanford – I'm leaving them at #2, season kicks off on September 7th versus San Jose State.
3. Clemson – You have to give credit where credit is due. Clemson has beaten two top ten SEC teams in a row!
4. Ohio State – Wasn't overly impressed with the 20 point victory over Buffalo.
5. South Carolina – The Gamecocks handled North Carolina 27-10; big game this week in Athens, Ga.
6. Oregon – Beat Nicholls State by 63 points…and? It's hard to see the Ducks loosing anytime soon.
7. Texas A&M – Didn't think it was possible, but I'm even less of a Johnny Manziel fan. The defense didn't look championship ready, allowing Rice to score 31 points.
8. Louisville – Teddy Bridgewater and Louisville are good, and have to continue to put up a ton of style points.
9. Florida State – Hello…Jameis Winston! Who's ready for the October showdown against Clemson?
10. LSU – its official, the Tigers have reloaded.
12. Oklahoma State
14. Notre Dame
24. Fresno State
25. Ole Miss
Connect with me on twitter @Patrickp13
1732 Valley View Dr.
Can't find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.