If caught outside
1. If in the woods, take shelter under the shorter trees.
2. If boating or swimming, get to land and find shelter immediately!
Protecting yourself outside
1. Go to a low-lying, open place away from trees, poles, or metal objects. Make sure the place you pick is not subject to flooding.
2. Be a very small target! Squat low to the ground…Place your hands on your knees with your head between them. Make yourself the smallest target possible.
3. Do not lie flat on the ground. This will make you a larger target!
1732 Valley View Dr.
Can't find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.